Will not use defamatory language, Jiah Khan`s mother to HC
Zee Media Bureau/Ritika Handoo
New Delhi: While the truth behind late actress Jiah Khan`s mysterious death still remains to be unearthed, her mother Rabiya Khan has reportedly recorded her statement in the court on Wednesday, saying that she will not use any derogatory or demeaning language against the Pancholis on any public platform.
The Pancholis had recently slapped a Rs 100 crore defamation suit against Rabiya for hampering their reputation in the industry. Rabiya had been accused of using defamatory language against them on micro-blogging site Twitter. After recording her statement in the court of law, Rabiya is debarred from making foul comment against Sooraj Pancholi, (Aditya Pancholi`s son) who is seen as the main accused in Jiah Khan`s death.
Meanwhile, the high court has granted four-weeks time to Rabiya, as she intends to fly down to UK for sometime. Jiah Khan`s mother is a foreign national and holds British citizenship. Actress Jiah Khan was found hanging in her Juhu apartment on June 3, 2013.
The court has announced August 25, 2014 as the next date for defamation suit hearing against Rabiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC stays summons to Shah Rukh Khan over Vadodara railway station incident
- My mother is Divyanka Tripathi's fan, says Sonakshi Sinha
- Shah Rukh Khan's home has a 'spidey boom' and AbRam is enjoying it like a boss!
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Pratyusha Banerjee short film: Kamya Punjabi hits back at Rahul Raj Singh, says no one can scare me!