Women`s roles in Bollywood are changing: Katrina Kaif
Mumbai: Actress Katrina Kaif thinks that the portrayal of women in Bollywood films has changed. "The portrayal of women has changed over a period of time... The kind of roles and films that are being made with women are great. We not only have women-centric films but even in a love story, where hero and heroine have equal role, the characters of women are strong and not stereotypical," Katrina, 30, said.
"Earlier the roles of women were more or less same, they were repeated, but today there is a difference. And people are loving it," she said.
L`Oreal Paris brand ambassadors Katrina, Aishwarya Rai and Sonam Kapoor came together to celebrate India`s women achievers at the third edition of the L`Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards yesterday.
Fifteen women from different walks of life were felicitated. "We actors work for gratification, money, fame, acknowledgement. These women who won awards do things not for financial reasons or anything," Katrina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Don't think I have to do a Hindi film just to be seen: Priyanka Chopra
- What did I do?: Gwyneth Paltrow on being the most hated celeb
- I've never dated: Priyanka Chopra
- So cute! Check out Ajay Devgn, Kajol’s rare PDA moment
- Cuteness overloaded! ‘Choti nani’ Helen strikes a pose with baby Ahil in her arms