Won`t act for another 18 months: Shilpa Shetty
Mumbai: Actress Shilpa Shetty has turned film producer with `Dishkiyaaoon`, but she has no immediate plans of coming back to face the camera. She says she will start acting only once her son Viaan begins to understand her work.
At the launch of her husband Raj Kundra`s book `How Not To Make Money` here Friday, Shilpa was asked about her comeback plans.
She said: "(I will take) At least another year-and-a-half... till Viaan is able to communicate with me and understands (my) work. Then may be I will think of doing a film."
Until then, the 38-year-old said she happy working on the small screen and with endorsements. She had judged dance reality show "Nach Baliye 5", and she will return to the space for the show`s new season.
"TV is easier, and for endorsements, I can command when I want to work. It`s kind of suited to my current role - being a mother, the most wonderful role of my life. I am enjoying it," she said.
Viaan was born May 21, 2012.
Shilpa says she has taken a sabbatical from the movie world as films are too time consuming.
"Honestly, it is a self-imposed sabbatical. My priority definitely is Viaan at the moment. I haven`t thought about films really, it`s just too time consuming," Shilpa said.
A teaser poster of Shilpa`s first production "Dishkiyaaoon" was released recently.
Starring Harman Baweja and Sunny Deol, the action thriller, produced under Shilpa and her Raj`s banner Essential Sports and Media Pvt Ltd. in association with Eros International, will also introduce newcomer Ayesha Khanna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut not a part of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film with Shah Rukh Khan anymore?
- Shah Rukh Khan thanks 'Ittefaq' team for recreating his Yash Chopra film
- Saif Ali Khan breaks his silence on rumours about disapproval of Sara being launched by Karan Johar
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das