Won`t let my family name down: Meera Chopra
Mumbai: Her cousins Priyanka and Parineeti are really doing well in the Hindi filmdom, and Meera Chopra, ready to enter Bollywood, vows not to let her family name down.
Meera is debuting with ‘Gang of Ghosts’, a remake of Bengali film. Directed by Satish Kaushik, it also features Sharman Joshi and Mahi Gill.
"I will make Chopra surname more strong. I will not let down my surname down," Meera told reporters after shooting for a dance number for "Gang Of Ghosts".
When asked if she took any tips from her cousin Priyanka, Meera said: "I spoke to Priyanka. I don`t think there was any need for tips as I`ve already worked down South. They all think that I will do a good job and the rest I will leave to the audiance."
However, the actress admits being under pressure.
She said: "Yes, the pressure is there. People keep asking me the same question. Both my sisters (Priyanka and Parineeti) have proved themselves, so there is a lot of expectation, but I am confident."
Priyanka joined filmdom 10 years ago and she has secured a place for herself among the reigning queens of Bollywood after hits like ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’, ‘Dostana’, ‘Kaminey’ and ‘Barfi’, while three films old Parineeti is known for her acting skills in ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’ and ‘Ishaqzaade’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free
- Mosquito breeding: Sushmita Sen served notice by BMC