Woody Allen receives handprint honour in Rhode Island
Washington: Filmmaker Woody Allen has cemented his place in Rhode Island history by adding his handprints to the state`s own Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The 78-year-old `Blue Jasmine` director has been shooting his new project in the city of Providence in recent weeks and he was honoured by local officials in nearby Pawtucket, suggest reports.
Allen, who has yet to be invited to join the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame in California, joins the likes of Dustin Hoffman, who was inducted in 1995 while filming his movie `American Buffalo` in Rhode Island.
However, local official Bob Billington, of the Blackstone Valley Chamber of Commerce, is hoping to land two more famous prints for the tourist attraction - the stars of Allen`s as-yet-untitled movie, Emma Stone and Joaquin Phoenix.
"It`s our dream that we complete it with the last two stars. We respect everybody`s privacy, but we`re hoping that we`ll be graced with that opportunity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut records statement with cops in connection with Hrithik's FIR
- First pictures of Bipasha and Karan as Mr & Mrs out! Check here
- Sushmita Sen is Farah Khan's 'best heroine'!
- Shraddha Kapoor feels grateful that her songs became huge hits!
- Gulshan Grover wishes the best for soon-to-be-married-- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover!