Yashji was a fearless filmmaker: Shah Rukh Khan
New Delhi: Remembering film legend Yash Chopra on his 81st birth anniversary, Shah Rukh Khan said that the `King of Romance` was a fearless filmmaker.
Shah Rukh, 47, who worked with the director right from "Darr" to his last project "Jab Tak Hai Jaan", is all set to walk the ramp today to celebrate the late filmmaker`s birthday.
SRK said Chopra was a mentor and someone who taught him a lot about cinema.
"As a person, he taught me creativity has to be fearless. You should make that film which your heart tells you to do. If it works then it`s good and if it doesn`t then also it is good. I am very fortunate that I worked with him for 20 years.
"I am the one actor who starred maximum in his films from the time I joined to his last venture. I am lucky to have the opportunity to have worked with the most fearless filmmaker that the country will ever have," the actor said at an event here last evening.
The `Chak De!` star, who is also a producer, said Chopra also gave him great production tips.`
"One of the greatest learnings that I have learnt in terms of business from Yashji is that whatever you are making, the costs have to be kept in control and for that Yashji had worked really hard," he said.
Shah Rukh`s last production venture `Chennai Express` is one of the highest grossers at the box-office.
Chopra, who made blockbusters like `Waqt`, `Deewar`, `Silsila`, `Lamhe`, `Darr`, `Dil To Pagal Hai`, `Veer-Zara` and `Jab Tak Hai Jaan`, died on October 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?