Freida Pinto takes New York by storm
New York: Indian actor Freida Pinto took New York City by storm with a glamorous red carpet premiere of her new film `Trishna` which released Friday at the IFC Centre and Lincoln Plaza in New York and The Landmark in Los Angeles.
Other guests attending the July 10 premiere at the IFC Centre in downtown Manhattan included actress Meg Ryan, music mogul Russell Simmons, actor Billy Connolly, and fashion designers Calvin Klein and Rachel Roy. The after party was held on the rooftop of the Jimmy at the James Hotel in Soho.
The popular actress was invited to appear on the hit talk show Late Night With Jimmy Fallon where she spoke about the meaning of her name, what she did for the 4th of July holiday, and what her dad thinks about her films.
Pinto also visited the top morning news programme The Today Show for a live interview with Matt Lauer and his team.
Directed by Michael Winterbottom and co-starring Riz Ahmed, the Rajasthan-set drama which won acclaim at the Toronto International Film Festival and the Tribeca Film Festival will release July 20 in additional US cities including San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, San Diego, and Washington DC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif in one frame is a sight to behold!
- Cheap Fast Food places to visit in Mumbai