How to adorn yourself for Diwali Lakshmi puja
Diwali implies beautifying every aspect of life be it; your home, society or thyself! Yes, in today’s socially glamorized world, this “festival of lights” gives us an opportunity to meet and greet people along with exchanging festivities. So, this Laxmi Pooja why not adorn yourself in a way that you emerge as presentable and bright as the festival itself! Renowned Cosmetologist & Aesthetician and Founder-Director of ALPS Beauty Clinics, Ms Bharti Taneja, guides you step-by-step for your Puja makeup!
- Start-off your makeup with using a primer to fill-in the fine-lines, pits and pores of the facial skin – for a flawlessly implemented makeup. Further, conceal your acne or spots (if, any) with the help of a quality concealer. Also, as winters have started peeping-in, you can use a tinted moisturizer as a perfect hydrating, makeup base. After this, apply a two-way cake to set the makeup perfectly on the skin. This will endow you with a soft and glowing look for the night.
- Now, adorn your cheeks with a suitable blush-on. You can also contour your problematic areas like double chin, low cheekbones and on the edges of the nose with a dark-brown shade to make them appear chiseled. This will instantly make you look soft and all-natural – like the goddess Laxmi, itself! Also, do not forget to use matching highlighter above your cheekbones to complete the do.
- If you want to endow your eyes with an all-natural look – go for a brown, bronze, copper hued eye-shadow. Then, apply blue, green, brown or black winged liner over your lash-line for a doe-eyed look. Now, to make your peepers look opened-up, apply a coat of mascara and make your lashes appear longer and thicker.
- For attaining a softer avatar – use a gloss in colors like, bubblegum, cameo pink, pinkish brown or light red. Otherwise, for a vibrant look you may round upon few poppy neon shades of lip colors such as; hot pink or poppy orange.
- These days, braids are very much in trend and are suitable for this fall season festival too. You can choose amongst - messy braid, Dutch braid, French braid or waterfall braid depending upon your attire, style and taste. To make this style trendier – you can also decorate it with funky hair accessories like; ribbons, clips, hair bands and more…
- Moreover, to add a dash of zing to your nails – and, to flaunt them while your hold the Pooja Thaal; you may go for pretty and classy looking nail art and extensions. So, it is totally up to you to use readymade stickers and apply it over your nail-paint on the Diwali-day itself or round upon a professional salon for getting a beautiful nail art or extensions inscribed on your nails, beforehand. 3D nail art with Swaroskis and other nail accessories like, bows, pearls, stones etc,. are also very hit these days –it is recommended to get it done 3-4 days before the festival.