Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer
Mumbai: Celebrity designer Manish Malhotra has been named the grand finale designer for Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Winter-Festive 2011, scheduled Aug 16-21 here.
Manish had also been the grand finale designer in 1999 and in 2007. This year, he will bring to life long-wear makeup range, Lakme Absolute.
Revolutionizing costume design and introducing the concept of styling in Bollywood films has made Manish one of the most recognised names in the fashion industry globally. Synonymous with contemporary Indian wear, he is known to create glamorous ensembles with Indian colour and textures combined with international fashion sensibilities.
"My association with Lakme began more than a decade ago with the first Lakme Grand Finale show and it has only strengthened over the years. I`m very excited to once again present my new collection at the Grand Finale this season.
"My winter festive collection would showcase contemporary Indian evening wear garments. Lakme Absolute is inspired by the contemporary Indian woman who effortlessly plays myriad set of roles across her personal and professional life. Akin to my style, the collection adapts contemporary fashion to the needs of the Indian woman," Manish said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- 42 years of 'Deewar': Amitabh Bachchan says it had the best screenplay ever
- Overseas Box Office: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' crosses Rs 200 crore mark
- 'Udi Udi Jaaye' from 'Raees': Check out Shah Rukh Khan, Falguni Pathak's adorable conversation
- Rohit Roy reveals he was offered huge money to enter 'Bigg Boss' as contestant