Shah Rukh Khan voted India`s most popular father
New Delhi: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, a doting dad of Aryan and Suhana, has been voted India`s most popular father in a Father`s Day poll conducted by a web site. He got more votes than megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who has a daughter and a son.
The results of the poll, conducted among over 11,000 Indian women, by matrimonial site Shaadi.com, were announced a day ahead of Father’s Day Sunday.
Shah Rukh received 34.83 percent votes while Amitabh was chosen by 31.58 percent of the women surveyed. Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar took the third spot with 18.61 percent.
"The poll showcases some of the most successful Indian men whose love and dedication also makes them popular fathers. This suggests that people are looking at celebrities as real people with real relationships," Gourav Rakshit, COO, Shaadi.com, said.
The poll also posed other questions to the respondents.
In the survey for the country`s most popular father-daughter relationship, Big B took the top spot along with his daughter Shweta, who is married to businessman Nikhil Nanda.
Veteran actor Jeetendra and her film producer daughter Ekta Kapoor got 35.06 percent votes followed by father-daughter duo Anil Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor (22.42 percent).
Also, 44.85 percent Indian women voted for Shah Rukh and his son Aryan as India’s most popular father-son duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa – Vikrant Singh Rajpoot have been paid to get married?
- Nitibha Kaul, Aakanksha Sharmaa celebrate friendship outside 'Bigg Boss 10' house – See pic
- Deepika Padukone has big crush on Vin Diesel, has "amazing babies" with him in her head!
- Rishi Kapoor says he was born with silver spoon but had 'different' struggles