`Bigg Boss` gave me recognition as designer: Rohit Verma
Jaipur: Designer Rohit Verma, who was known for his loud-mouth antics in the third edition of ‘Big Boss’, says the controversial reality show not only changed him personally, it also helped him gain recognition as a designer.
"`Bigg Boss` completely changed my life. When I entered the house, I was behaving like a six-year-old kid, but when I came out, I was a mature person. The show not only taught me about emotions, but also helped me in learning the importance of family," Verma said.
The cross-dresser says people`s attitude towards him changed as well.
"The approach of people towards me has also changed. After the show, they started looking at me differently as it makes a normal person, an overnight celebrity. Before `Bigg Boss`, I was doing lot of shows but no one was aware of it. But post `Bigg Boss`, people have recognised me as a designer," he added.
Other contestants on the show were Vindu Dara Singh, Poonam Dhillon, Ismail Darbar, Sherlyn Chopra, Kamal Rashid Khan, Bhakhtiyaar Irani, Tanaaz Irani, Aditi Govitrikar, Jaya Sawant, Shamita Shetty, Claudia Ciesla, Raju Srivastav, Vinod Kambli and Pravesh Rana. It was won by Vindu.
Verma said he would love to go back to the ‘Bigg Boss’ house once again.
"I will definitely go back to `Bigg Boss` house if given a chance and this time it will be much better and rocking," he added.
From showcasing his collections across the globe to walking the ramp as a showstopper, Verma has definitely gained popularity on the fashion circuit. Being a designer, it is a given, he says.
"I believe that a designer is one of the most multi-talented human beings in this world. Designers can be a showstopper, a good merchandiser," said Verma, who is currently participating in Rajasthan Fashion Week (RJW).
He showcased a collection of saris, suits and jodhpurs with applique work. Choreographer Sandip Soparrkar and wife Jesse Randhawa opened the show with a graceful dance performance.
After RJW, he is set to hit international shores.
"I am doing the Dubai fashion fiesta and a show in Atlanta very soon. I am also doing five movies as a designer but won`t be able to reveal much about the project," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest opener of 2016!
- If Indian artistes have so much problem, we will ban their movies too: Raj Thackeray on Salman Khan's statement
- We are living in hard times: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn