`Lights, camera, fashion`, says Arpan Vohra at LFW
Mumbai: Fashion designer Arpan Vohra took inspiration from the 1960s for his vintage collection with a modern twist. The collection, loaded with metallic colours, was titled `Lights, camera, fashion`.
The fashionable yet wearable collection was showcased here Friday at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) summer-resort 2013.
About the collection, Vohra said: It is inspired by the 1960s vintage looks, to which I have tried to give a modern twist. I have used a lot of metallic gold, which looks sexy and which can be worn may be in the day, afternoon or in the evening."
With a theme of black and white running through the collection, the garments were immensely chic. Along with clever use of lace and dull metallic gold piping, Vohra has included a combination of black, white and dull metallic gold.
"I have recreated the magic of contemporary resort styling by playing in movement of the colours to exhibit a demure, yet sporty look in my resort line," he said.
The collection widely emphasised on both short and long dresses, as well as jumpsuits. With spectacular cut works on the back and sleeves, the outfits looked fashionable.
Actress Udita Goswami was at the event to cheer the designer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic