`Masaba` to hit Europe markets in next six months
New Delhi: After wowing desi fashionistas with her quirky prints, abstract patterns and bold hues, young designer Masaba Gupta is now eyeing markets outside India with plans to retail her creative designs in Europe in the next six months.
"It`s going to happen soon and in the next six months for sure in Europe but I just can`t put a finger on what," Masaba said today on the sidelines of the launch of Nokia`s new mobile phones.
Adorning a trade mark Tamil print, which reportedly swept the audience off their feet at the very recent Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Masaba said, "There is no inspiration behind incorporating Tamil print into my designs. It`s just that some people like colours, some people like digital prints; it`s a very personal choice more than anything. I have grown up seeing prints."
The 24-year-old designer retails quirky cow, palm and camera motifs on her clothes. Her trademark Tamil prints were quite popular at the recently concluded Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here.
"There is no inspiration behind incorporating Tamil print into my designs. It`s just that some people like colours, some people like digital prints; it`s a very personal choice more than anything. I have grown up seeing prints."
Even though she does not know how to speak the Tamil language, she said she was very careful while using it her design.
"I have grown up seeing quirky things and that`s just has become a part of my design sense. These Tamil prints appeal to me, the Tamil language is beautiful so it`s very appealing. And I made sure that I was using the Tamil alphabets, so that I do not get into trouble," said Masaba.
Possibly the youngest creative director to head an established design house - Satya Paul- Masaba says her main focus will be on how to turn things around for the brand. Her own label named after herself will also soon make its presence felt in not only apparels, but also cutlery, watches, shoes, bags.
"I definitely plan to get into designing shoes, watches, cutlery but hardcore technical stuff like phones or devices I haven`t really have plans to do so. But right now I am focusing on Satya Paul, because I just have to turn things around in two years and it`s very important if I give all my energy to it. And of course balancing both brands is going to be quite challenging," said the designer.
Even though her whose client list includes the who`s who of Bollywood, with patrons like Sonam Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor, Masaba says the designing costumes for Bollywood films is not really her forte.
"I am not particularly fond of doing costumes for films, it is not my thing. I can`t listen to this director and this one and that one and five other people. I have to do my own thing and that`s why I design," she said.
She had launched her eponymous label MASABA in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!