Actress Amrita Rao showcases exquisite jewellery in Mumbai
Mumbai: Actress Amrita Rao sashayed down the ramp in Mumbai on Monday evening, showcasing exquisite jewellery designed by renowned and upcoming designers. Rao and other models were seen wearing intricately carved necklaces, armlets, and chains of uncut diamonds on corded strands, some startling cummerbunds and chunky gold bracelets.
Praising the collection, Rao said: "I have been given this opportunity several times to walk the ramp, and every time Agni presents a unique creation for the showstopper collection, it is so stunning that the personality of the model gets transformed. The showstopper collection is called Mor Bagh, which has been inspired by the beauty of the royal garden."
Fashion designer Manish Malhotra also attended the show. Gem and jewellery exports from India were worth 28.4 billion US dollars in 2009-10, showing a robust annual growth rate of 16 percent. Several traders, fashion divas and glitterati from across the country were present at the glamorous fashion extravaganza. The India International Jewellery Week (IIJW) kicked off on August 19 and will conclude on August 23. Bollywood diva Sonam Kapoor will be the star attraction at the grand finale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn