Ameesha Patel to flaunt `desi` look at Cannes red carpet
New Delhi: Actress Ameesha Patel, who is set for her maiden appearance at the Cannes International Film Festival, will flaunt Indian attire by Bollywood`s favourite designer Manish Malhotra on the red carpet there.
Ameesha`s upcoming film ‘Shortcut Romeo’, which also features Neil Nitin Mukesh and Puja Gupta, will be premiered at the prestigious film festival May 22. And the 37-year-old is looking forward to the event.
"It is a huge honour for me to be representing our cinema at Cannes. I am not going there as a brand ambassador. I am going there for my movie and that is a big deal. Manish and I have decided that since I am representing the country on a global platform, it would be perfect to be dressed in something that`s truly desi," Ameesha said in a statement
"Nothing looks better on an Indian woman than a sari or lehenga. I have to walk the red carpet in the morning and the premiere is at night, so there will be two outfits," added the actress known for hits like "Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai" and "Gadar - Ek Prem katha".
Malhotra is making sure she has a perfect red carpet look.
"Keeping in mind Ameesha`s complexion and personality, we have given her something very Indian yet a perfect red carpet look. Black and white and classic colours have been incorporated in her outfit that is high on Kashmiri and Chikankari work. We have also kept in mind the summer trends internationally," he said.
"Shortcut Romeo" is directed by Susi Ganesh and will release June 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shannen Doherty shares shaven head photos amid cancer battle
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic