An exhibition that showcases fashion, lifestyle
New Delhi: Leading Indian designers will put the best of their creativity on display at the Made in ...India: Samskara exhibition, which begins here Feb 11.
Supported by BE OPEN - a global creative think tank - and Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), the two-week long exhibition will be organised at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts.
"The idea is to create lifestyle luxury items that can fit into any household in any part of the world," said FDCI president Sunil Sethi, the creative director and co-curator of the exhibition.
"The exhibition is to create contemporary design sensibilities amongst masses and to have India`s presence in such a product design area," Sethi told IANS.
"The products are not for sale, but for people to see how designers are lending their creative inputs into an unknown territory and creating something to find a space in your lifestyle," he said.
"We, at present, are not looking at commercial benefits but aiming at international link-ups for our designers," he added, saying some of the selected designs would be auctioned at Milan World Expo 2015.
Popular Indian designers like Abraham and Thakore, Samant Chauhan, Ashish Soni, Gaurav Gupta and Rahul Mishra among others have produced fashionable lifestyle products for the exhibition.
Around 100 products, including furniture, tableware, textiles, jewels, and many lifestyle products would be displayed during the exhibition that ends Feb 28.
"Working with local experts, we are looking at today`s most promising Indian designers, encouraging them to think beyond their usual market," said BE OPEN founder Yelena Baturina.
"It aims at giving them the opportunity to present their work from a completely new perspective, so that it appeals to a much wider, international audience," Baturina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how