Andy Cohen turns down Miss Universe hosting gig
Los Angeles: TV personality Andy Cohen has turned down the offer to host the upcoming Miss Universe pageant.
The 45-year-old openly gay host, who hosted the competition in the last two years, is concerned about his safety if he took the gig because Russia`s "discriminatory policies make it unsafe for the gays who live there", reported Ace Showbiz.
"The law is that anyone under suspicion of homosexuality can be arrested and I didn`t feel right as a gay man stepping foot into Russia," he said.
This year`s Miss Universe will take place in Moscow, Russia. It will be the first time for the country to host the pageant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Huma Qureshi on 28-day detox, training hard
- Prateik Babbar to open wellness centre in Dharamshala
- Karan Johar says I don't think I even have ten percent of Rajamouli's gumptionv
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH