Andy Cohen turns down Miss Universe hosting gig
Los Angeles: TV personality Andy Cohen has turned down the offer to host the upcoming Miss Universe pageant.
The 45-year-old openly gay host, who hosted the competition in the last two years, is concerned about his safety if he took the gig because Russia`s "discriminatory policies make it unsafe for the gays who live there", reported Ace Showbiz.
"The law is that anyone under suspicion of homosexuality can be arrested and I didn`t feel right as a gay man stepping foot into Russia," he said.
This year`s Miss Universe will take place in Moscow, Russia. It will be the first time for the country to host the pageant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vikas Bahl questions demand to boycott Pakistani artistes
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- Think calmly, speak calmly: Juhi Chawla advises people who 'have gone out of senses'
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn