Anita inspired by Mughal era to present bridal wear at LFW
Mumbai: Noted designer Anita Dongre will present contemporary bridal wear at the upcoming season of Lakme Fashion Week here on August 22.
Last season, Anita showcased a collection inspired by Varanasi weaves and this season the theme is `India Modern`. "My theme for my winter festive collection is `India Modern`, a magnificent celebration of contemporary Indian crafts and textiles into bridal and couture ensembles for the modern day woman," Anita said.
"While the architecture of the Mughal era creates a vibrant canvas to this collection, the style ethos reflects the sartorial choices of a woman who seeks a blend of fantasy, drama and functionality in bridal wear," she said.
Her inspiration for `India Modern` is the vibrancy, heritage and old world luxury, reminiscent of the Mughal era. "My muse is the present day woman whose sartorial sensibility is rooted in her traditions, and thus, she desires a mix of modern mystic matched with timeless tradition in her ensembles," Anita said.
Last season, actress Dia Mirza walked the ramp for her, but this season the collection itself will be the showstopper, says the designer.
The collection will consist of modern contemporary bridal wear with lehengas paired with crop tops, structured jackets paired with embroidered pants, feminine gowns, etc.
"It being a winter festive collection, we have used rich fabrics like raw silks with resham work, zardozi and doori work on it," Anita said. The colour palette shuttles between soft neutrals like cream to vibrant jewel tones of ruby reds, peacock blues and `raani` pinks adding a touch of old world luxury.
The Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2014 will be held here from August 20 to 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how