Anju Modi, Sabyasachi to open Delhi Couture Week
New Delhi: Ace designers Anju Modi and Sabyasachi Mukherjee will showcase their collections on the first day of the fourth edition of the PCJ Delhi Couture Week 2013, which starts here July 31.
The announcement was made Saturday by the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), India`s apex fashion body. The five-day fashion event will be held at The Taj Palace Hotel here.
“Anju Modi and Sabyasachi are the most sought after designers in the country with a huge fan following. Their shows are a visual treat for the discerning fashion fraternity. We are certain both these designers will give a perfect impetus to the week,” Sunil Sethi, president, FDCI, said in a statement.
Modi is “honoured” to open the fashion extravaganza, where she will showcase a collection inspired by Indian mythology.
“This season, my collection takes inspiration from Indian mythology. Draupadi, the epicenter of Mahabharata - remains the central idea for the strong woman I wish to portray. The qualities she epitomises in the form of Agnijyotsna, are in harmony with my presentation,” she said.
Overall, nine veteran designers will present their collections and exquisite designs for a discerning audience at the event. Other participating designers include Anamika Khanna, Arjun Khanna, Gaurav Gupta, Manish Arora, Manish Malhotra, Ritu Beri and Varun Bahl.
(Image Courtesy: Facebook)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP
- Why daddys always save their sons: Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik controversy
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn