Anna Wintour finds red carpet dresses depressing
London: Anna Wintour, Vogue editor-in-chief, has revealed she is tired of celebrities wearing the same old strapless red carpet dresses.
Wintour, 64, reportedly said red carpet dressing comes across as manufactured and not an individual style.
"The red carpet, in the United States, has become too much of a business. It`s a fact that celebrities are paid to wear everything, and to me that sometimes comes across as very manufactured and not individual," Wintour said.
"How many mermaid fishtail strapless sequin gowns can we see?" she added.
The editor recently attended the Tony Awards in New York and she found the celebrities` dresses a total disaster,
"God, they need your help. Let me tell you, it was a disaster" she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anita Dongre goes back to the roots, Dia supports her cause
- I prefer Indian designers over big international names: Aditi Rao Hydari
- See pics: RAR comes out with Autumn Winter collection!
- Wearing bow-tie everyday was Nick Jonas' fashion faux pas
- Ranbir Kapoor unveils Manish Malhotra's debut menswear line at LFW