Anne Hathaway denies throwing a fit over Oscar dress
Los Angeles: `Les Miserables` star Anne Hathaway`s dress fiasco at the Oscars is grabbing more spotlight than her golden statuette.
The 30-year-old actress` representative has now come forward to deny reports that she threw a fit after she discovered that her `Les Miserables` co-star Amanda Seyfried was wearing a gown that was similar to her Valentino dress, prompting her to change into a pink Prada gown for the Oscars, the Ace Showbiz reported.
While Hathaway has acknowledged that the Prada gown was a last minute choice, her representative has denied conflict between the two stars who played mother (Fantine) and daughter (Cosette) in `Les Miserables`.
"Anne and Amanda are very close friends. There were no hostilities at all," a representative for Anne told Gossip Cop denying a conflict between Hathaway and Seyfried at the Oscars dress rehearsals.
Us Weekly cited a source to claim that Hathaway "threw a fit" to Amanda at Oscars rehearsal because of the similar-looking dresses they were going to wear.
The source mentioned that Hathaway was deeply upset after learning the situation. Hathaway "never told Amanda she had to change the dress. Amanda didn`t want to deal with it and left."
Hathaway is said to have kept her team of stylists waiting for hours at her home before picking up the pink dress.
After her Best Supporting Oscar win, Hathaway had released a statement to clear why she did not wear the gown by her favourite designer.
"It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans. Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last-minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino," she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma mesmerised by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s persona, not just her beauty
- 'Dad's Army' creator Jimmy Perry dies at 93
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are filmy 'cutie pies' in NEW SONG!
- Kangana Ranaut will look like this in Hansal Mehta's 'Simran'?
- Kaabil new poster: Is that Hrithik Roshan?
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!