Anne Hathaway in tears over hairstyle in `Les Miserable`
London: Actress Anne Hathaway burst into tears when her hair was cut off for `Les Miserables`.
The movie`s director Tom Hooper decided against using scissors as he wanted it to look more authentic by having her hair cut off with a knife for her role of Fantine in the movie musical, reported Contactmusic.
Actress Nicola Sloane was given the task of cutting Hathaway`s locks.
"The director said `I want it to look really vicious we need you to be hacking at it with a knife`. We blu-tacked a razor blade against a knife blade and I held the two together and you have to saw away at it that`s the only way to get it off.
"She was all right and I had cut all the front and this little voice went `cut`. I thought `oh she`s had enough` so I moved my hands away and then she burst into tears when she felt how short it was at the front," Sloane said.
She said Hathaway was very passionate about growing her hais long.
"She had been growing her hair for three years. Then I hacked it all off and made her look terrible," she added.
Hathaway, 30, later sold her hair in order to raise money for charity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Won't let 'Ae Dil Hai Mushqil' and 'Raees' release: Raj Thackeray
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn