Anupama Dayal showcases `Raat Ki Rani` collection
New Delhi: After Anupama Dayal, next in the line was Nikasha Tawadey who showcased her collection titled `Raat Ki Rani` on the first day of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here.
Truly, the collection surprised the fashionistas as it was a perfect blend of colour, texture and designs. The collection consisting fitted silhouettes like multi-coloured jumpsuits, mini-kurtas, choli-tanks, dhotis, shararas, saris and waistcoats represented a desi woman who is bold and beautiful and yet she is familiar with her culture.
"It`s an energetic collection. It makes a woman look young and attractive. I wanted to play with the colours so I experimented with varied shades like orange, red, green, yellow and purple. I merged Indian and western fashion elements," said Nikasha, a self-trained designer who entered fashion industry in 2006.
Nikasha used fabrics that were perfect for all the seasons. She mainly used silk, chiffon, georgette and crapes.
"The outfits are not heavily embellished with zardozi or swarovski. Refined threadwork and sequin has been done. The collection is feminine," she added.
Talking about the accessories, the designer said: "I wanted to use minimal accessories. I have just used danglers and have also tied nimbu-charms to the dupattas to add the fun element."
We saw buyers from across the world seated in the front row. And we also caught designer Nachiket Barwa admiring the collection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Here's how Bollywood biggies Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Hrithik Roshan plan to celebrate Diwali
- Sanjay Dutt's comeback film 'Marco' to go on floors next year!
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season