Anupama Dayal showcases `Raat Ki Rani` collection
New Delhi: After Anupama Dayal, next in the line was Nikasha Tawadey who showcased her collection titled `Raat Ki Rani` on the first day of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here.
Truly, the collection surprised the fashionistas as it was a perfect blend of colour, texture and designs. The collection consisting fitted silhouettes like multi-coloured jumpsuits, mini-kurtas, choli-tanks, dhotis, shararas, saris and waistcoats represented a desi woman who is bold and beautiful and yet she is familiar with her culture.
"It`s an energetic collection. It makes a woman look young and attractive. I wanted to play with the colours so I experimented with varied shades like orange, red, green, yellow and purple. I merged Indian and western fashion elements," said Nikasha, a self-trained designer who entered fashion industry in 2006.
Nikasha used fabrics that were perfect for all the seasons. She mainly used silk, chiffon, georgette and crapes.
"The outfits are not heavily embellished with zardozi or swarovski. Refined threadwork and sequin has been done. The collection is feminine," she added.
Talking about the accessories, the designer said: "I wanted to use minimal accessories. I have just used danglers and have also tied nimbu-charms to the dupattas to add the fun element."
We saw buyers from across the world seated in the front row. And we also caught designer Nachiket Barwa admiring the collection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Robbie Williams launches own emojis
- Court order narrows pop icon Prince's potential heirs to six
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic