Anupama`s Kamasutra inspired collection at WLIFW
New Delhi: Filmmaker Mira Nair`s Kamasutra was the inspiration behind designer Anupama Dayal`s autumn winter collection on day one of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WLIFW).
Titled `Kama`, the line was also a reflection of Vatsyayana`s Kamasutra written in 400 BC.
"Contrary to popular perception the Kamasutra is not really just a sex manual. Its spiritual, holistic. It is an extensive guide on virtuous and gracious living and elaborates on love, family life," Dayal said after the show.
The collection was mostly bridal but not really for the wedding ceremony. The silhouettes ranged from sarees teamed with skimpy cholis and corsets.
The fabrics used were brocades from Banaras, tangil from Bengal, chanderi, zardozi, pearl embroider, hand prints and tassels.
Models sashayed down the ramp to the beats of the tabla. The colour palatte ranged from sindoor reds, spice greens along with haldi, kesari badami and pyazi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: What Varun Dhawan's little fan says to him for 'Dilwale'!
- Ranveer lauds Priyanka's versatility, Deepika's work ethics
- Don't think freedom of expression ever been so threatened: Nandita Das
- 'Bajirao Mastani' not competing with 'Dilwale': Priyanka
- See poster: Blazing 'Bajirao' Ranveer with coy 'Kashibai' Priyanka!