Are you a victim of fake fashion?
London: Going by a research, counterfeit designer goods may be flooding internet and our wardrobes too!
One of Europe’s social site for the resale of designer and premium fashion, has released a study that shows that 61 percent of women online marketplace shoppers have been misled into purchasing counterfeit designer goods, or knew at least one person who had accidentally bought a fake designer item through internet.
Besides, 66 percent of women admitted they don’t feel they possess the knowledge to accurately identify a counterfeit product from a genuine item.
Fanny Moizant, co-founder of vestiairecollective.com, advises on how to spot a counterfeit.
“The material can tell you a lot about the quality of an item, if it’s leather it should feel and smell like leather. If the item you’re inspecting is a bag, make sure you take a good look at the stitching, uneven or slanted stitching is a sign of a poorly made item and, therefore, a counterfeit," she said.
"Check the logo, which is often a slip-up area for many copies, every brand includes unique details to ensure they can identify a genuine piece. Finally, look for a serial number and colour variations in the material," added Moizant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Watch: Urvashi Rautela gives a classical twist to Jacqueline Fernandez's 'Beat Pe Booty'
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Most doctors prefer partners from medical profession: Survey
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly