Are you a victim of fake fashion?
London: Going by a research, counterfeit designer goods may be flooding internet and our wardrobes too!
One of Europe’s social site for the resale of designer and premium fashion, has released a study that shows that 61 percent of women online marketplace shoppers have been misled into purchasing counterfeit designer goods, or knew at least one person who had accidentally bought a fake designer item through internet.
Besides, 66 percent of women admitted they don’t feel they possess the knowledge to accurately identify a counterfeit product from a genuine item.
Fanny Moizant, co-founder of vestiairecollective.com, advises on how to spot a counterfeit.
“The material can tell you a lot about the quality of an item, if it’s leather it should feel and smell like leather. If the item you’re inspecting is a bag, make sure you take a good look at the stitching, uneven or slanted stitching is a sign of a poorly made item and, therefore, a counterfeit," she said.
"Check the logo, which is often a slip-up area for many copies, every brand includes unique details to ensure they can identify a genuine piece. Finally, look for a serial number and colour variations in the material," added Moizant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Jacqueline Fernandez dates a superhero! Brand new poster of Tiger Shroff's 'A Flying Jatt' is super cute- See poster
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic