Audrey Hepburn`s beehive named most memorable hairdo
London: Actress Audrey Hepburn`s beehive, which she flaunted in classic romantic film `Breakfast at Tiffany`s`, has been named the most iconic hairstyles by a hairdressing company.
In a list put together to mark hairdresser Toni & Guy`s 50th anniversary, Hepburn` s beehive, Elvis Presley`s much talked about quiff and Jennifer Aniston`s `Friends` hair cut emerged as the most iconic hairdo in the history, reported Daily Express.
"Audrey Hepburn`s beehive in `Breakfast at Tiffany`s` is a style almost everyone is familiar with, even if they have never seen the film," Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck, Global Creative Director for Toni & Guy, said.
"The image of her with her dark hair piled up while she is clutching a cigarette holder is one of the most recognisable film images of all time. The fact the style is still topping these lists half a century since the film was released shows how iconic it really is," she added.
While Hepburn hairstyle landed on top spot in the list comprising of 50 memorable hairdo, Presley`s jet black quiff came second.
It was followed by Bob Marley`s dreadlocks and the cut made famous by Aniston during her stint as Rachel Green in hit TV show `Friends`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor's 'Iktarfa Pyaar' has a Shah Rukh Khan connection?
- Did you know Ramesh Sippy didn't have budget to make 'Sholay'?
- 'How I Met Your Mother' inspired by 9/11 attacks, creators revealed
- Alia Bhatt in 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' like show?
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi flirts with Bhojpuri actress Monalisa, inmates fail to perform laundry task
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!