Audrey Hepburn`s beehive named most memorable hairdo
London: Actress Audrey Hepburn`s beehive, which she flaunted in classic romantic film `Breakfast at Tiffany`s`, has been named the most iconic hairstyles by a hairdressing company.
In a list put together to mark hairdresser Toni & Guy`s 50th anniversary, Hepburn` s beehive, Elvis Presley`s much talked about quiff and Jennifer Aniston`s `Friends` hair cut emerged as the most iconic hairdo in the history, reported Daily Express.
"Audrey Hepburn`s beehive in `Breakfast at Tiffany`s` is a style almost everyone is familiar with, even if they have never seen the film," Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck, Global Creative Director for Toni & Guy, said.
"The image of her with her dark hair piled up while she is clutching a cigarette holder is one of the most recognisable film images of all time. The fact the style is still topping these lists half a century since the film was released shows how iconic it really is," she added.
While Hepburn hairstyle landed on top spot in the list comprising of 50 memorable hairdo, Presley`s jet black quiff came second.
It was followed by Bob Marley`s dreadlocks and the cut made famous by Aniston during her stint as Rachel Green in hit TV show `Friends`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 628—Pragya decides to fight back
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic