B` town celebrates rural India with Vikram Phadnis at LFW
Mumbai: Around 70 people including 30 celebrities walked the ramp as designer Vikram Phadnis showcased his fashion line Monday at Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer-Resort 2013 on the theme of celebration of rural India.
Ashutosh Gowariker, Anurag Basu, Vaibhavi Merchant, Ekta Kapoor, Ram Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar, Kunal Kapoor, Neha Dhupia, Poonam Sinha, Vaibhavi Merchant, Arbaaz Khan and Malaika Arora Khan, Farah Khan, Rohit Bal, Dia Mirza, Jitendra, Sushant Singh Rajput, Juhi Chawla among others walked the ramp supporting the noble cause.
Phadnis also made it a point to include various common people from Swades foundation who walked with the celebrities.
Phadnis partnered with Swades Foundation, an NGO working for the empowerment of rural India, for his fashion show. He dedicated his line to this cause.
The designer besides focusing on his clothing also had the hall decorated with lanterns hanging from the ceiling.
The title track of ‘Swades’ playing as the background score added to the look and feel of the evening.
Going by the theme of the fashion line ‘A Celebration Of Rural India’, his collection had rural touch to all the garments that included cotton sarees with embroideries, salwar kameez, khadi kurtas, sherwanis for men and subtle yet graceful lehengas.
The stars added their own bit to the evening while they walked the ramp.
Choreographer Farah Khan and designer Rohit Bal did a little jig while Vaibhavi Merchant enjoyed her walk with simple dance moves.
Many celebrities from the B town made their presence to cheer the designer. They included Vidya Balan, Siddarth Roy Kapur, Amrita Rao, Riteish and Genelia, Shatrugan Sinha and Rohit Roy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra spills the beans about Deepika Padukone’s next Hollywood venture!
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans any songs? Details inside
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic