Barbie-inspired fashion lines under US labels
Los Angeles: If you`ve been a fan of Barbie, now you can get a wardrobe full of ensembles inspired by the iconic doll`s fashion from the 1950s, 1980s and 1990s.
Toy manufacturer Mattel has teamed up with US labels Lord and Taylor, Wildfox and Forever 21, to recreate the doll`s wardrobe, for their ready-to-wear collections.
"I think what people pay attention to is Barbie the toy, and what we`re trying to focus on is that Barbie is a brand much bigger than an 11-inch fashion doll. We have fans of Barbie of all ages, and many girls that once played with them have grown up.
"We really wanted to make sure that we put together consumer approaches that reached all ages," contactmusic.com quoted Mattel`s senior vice president and manager, Jessica Dunne, as saying.
The collection for Forever 21 consists of 1990s-inspired sportswear, sleepwear, outerwear, cosmetics and accessories. It will be available from stores and online from Sep 5, and will retail from $3.90 and $24.90.
Lord and Taylor`s sleepwear-based range will be available from Sep 14 and will cost between $32 to $46, while the Wildfox range of 1980s-inspired designs will be available starting Nov 15 at high-end retailers Saks Fifth Avenue, Planet Blue, Revolve Clothing, Fred Segal, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom, costing from $37.50 up to $183.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Amitabh Bachchan spills the beans on Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' shoot
- Ajay Devgn praises PM Narendra Modi, reveals why they meet less now
- Confirmed: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' not to release in Pakistan
- 'Nightingale of Kashmir' Raj Begum passes away aged 89
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!