Being pretty like double-edged sword: Keira Knightley
Los Angeles: Actress Keira Knightley says she never pays much attention to clothes or make-up.
The 29-year-old is often hailed as one of the most iconic British beauties, with her chiselled cheekbones and famous pout, but the only time she dwells on her appearance is when it prevents her from landing film roles.
"I never even think about beauty. Supposedly being pretty is a double-edged sword: your look gets you certain roles, but disqualifies you from others. That`s the way the industry goes,” contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.
Knightley, who is married to The Klaxons musician James Righton, claims was a tomboy when she was growing up and never even wore a skirt or showed any interest in make-up until she was 14.
"I used to be a tomboy... I didn`t even wear a dress or a skirt until I was 14. Then I started to experiment with make-up when as soon as I was allowed to, because it was fun to change your appearance when you`re a teen,” she said.
"Later on, you want to be seductive for people in general and for boys sometimes too,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Here's what Renuka Shahane has to say about Salman Khan's acquittal in black buck poaching cases
- Swara Bhaskar turns writer, pens love story
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic