Beyonce new face of fashion brand H and M
New York: R and B star Beyonce has been unveiled as the new face of the Swedish fashion brand H and M and is set to feature in the chain`s global summer campaign.
Rumors first arose when the 31-year-old mother of one was spotted posing for a tropical shoot in the Bahamas in the New Year, while one of her dancers tweeted an accidental confirmation.
Now, Beyonce has announced her collaboration with the brand, reported Huffington Post.
"I`ve always liked H&M`s focus on fun and affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements - fire, water, earth and wind. It was a beautiful shoot on a tropical island," she said in a statement.
For the new campaign, entitled "Beyonce as Mrs Carter in H&M", the singer was shot by photography duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinnodh Matadin in the Bahaman capital city of Nassau.
A new television ad has been directed by Jonas Akerlund, the man behind videos for the Rolling Stones, U2 and Madonna, while Standing On The Sun provides the soundtrack.
Beyonce had a say apparently in the pieces for H&M`s high summer 2013 collection.
"What makes these pieces even more special is that Beyonce herself had input into the design, and they are full of her own personal style," said Ann-Sofie Johansson, head of design at H&M.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Amitabh Bachchan spills the beans on Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' shoot
- Ajay Devgn praises PM Narendra Modi, reveals why they meet less now
- Confirmed: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' not to release in Pakistan
- 'Nightingale of Kashmir' Raj Begum passes away aged 89
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!