Beyonce new face of fashion brand H and M
New York: R and B star Beyonce has been unveiled as the new face of the Swedish fashion brand H and M and is set to feature in the chain`s global summer campaign.
Rumors first arose when the 31-year-old mother of one was spotted posing for a tropical shoot in the Bahamas in the New Year, while one of her dancers tweeted an accidental confirmation.
Now, Beyonce has announced her collaboration with the brand, reported Huffington Post.
"I`ve always liked H&M`s focus on fun and affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements - fire, water, earth and wind. It was a beautiful shoot on a tropical island," she said in a statement.
For the new campaign, entitled "Beyonce as Mrs Carter in H&M", the singer was shot by photography duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinnodh Matadin in the Bahaman capital city of Nassau.
A new television ad has been directed by Jonas Akerlund, the man behind videos for the Rolling Stones, U2 and Madonna, while Standing On The Sun provides the soundtrack.
Beyonce had a say apparently in the pieces for H&M`s high summer 2013 collection.
"What makes these pieces even more special is that Beyonce herself had input into the design, and they are full of her own personal style," said Ann-Sofie Johansson, head of design at H&M.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic