Bipasha Basu walks for couturiers Anjalee and Arjun Kapoor
Delhi: The designer duo Anjalee & Arjun Kapoor showcased their collection Jamawar Aria at Eros Hotel, Managed by Hilton, Delhi. The showstopper for the fashion show Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu looked stunning in the outfit by the designer duo embellished with Swarovsky elements.
The assortment is reminiscent of the Mughal era and brings the grandeur of the period alive. As the name suggests, you can see a strong Jamawar influence in the collection with an essence of the Renaissance era. Aria provides a perfect ambience as the accompanying song in this opera of extravangance. There is an interesting play of concepts representing two distinct lines; opulent Victorian construction gowns and extravagant Jamawar inspired bridal couture.
Typical of the Renaissance era, fitted torsos which flair out at the bottom into voluminous layers are created which give them a dream like appeal. Power shoulders add a pack of punch and present the line with edginess. Embellished with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS the embroidery interspersed with delicate roses and over the top use of feathers lends a very glamorous appeal to the ensemble, which makes it befitting for nothing less than the red carpet.
Generous use of fine fabrics such as the rich velvet and Benarasi as the base for lehengas and anarkali suits has been made. Intense threadwork embroidery has been meticulously worked upon. Tulle and cancan is extravagantly used as an accent, to create a lacy, floating look. An ever favourite with their brides, deep colours like burgundy, tomato red and hot pink dominate this line.
Enchanting cocktail sarees using shimmer chiffon sashayed the ramp. Bejewelled borders with Renaissance motifs all over as the jaal of the saree could be seen. Extremely detailed bejewelled bustiers have been coordinated with the sarees and lehengas.
Some of the guests spotted at the soiree were Nishi Singh and Shwetabh Singh,Alka Bali, Neeli Jain, Priya Kakkar, Gunita Dhingra, Atul wassan to name a few..
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- This amazing beauty hack will HIDE your pimples easily! Watch video
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt
- Why Lord Hanuman carries a mountain on his arm! Here's why
- I live every day like it's my last: Ranveer Singh
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly