Black shoes sell less in India: Christian Louboutin
Mumbai: Black is not the hot favourite colour among shoe lovers in India, says iconic French footwear designer Christian Louboutin, who has recently set up his first store in India.
The classy store opened doors to Indian clientele in New Delhi last month.
Louboutin says black is the most selling colour in shoes in international markets like New York and London. However, the sales in India tell a different story.
"In India we have noticed that black has not been selling unlike other countries," he said at the Mint Luxury Conference here Saturday.
Louboutin owns 51 stores across the globe, and the decision to open one in India was well planned.
"I love India. I had come to India for the first time in 1978. From the business point of view, there are lots of customers from India who adore my shoes," he said.
"A lot of people who come from India to shop in London, suggested me to open up a store in India. When you hear it from so many people, then I thought it should make sense," he added.
Louboutin`s shoes have his trademark red soles with signature prints, and there`s a special reason behind it.
"Red is one colour which stands out and which does not have any bad meaning. I believe different colours have different meaning in different countries, but red goes well with every country," he said.
Louboutin, who claims his aim was to make a woman look sexy and beautiful and make a woman`s legs look as long as he could, revived stilettos in the luxury segment with heels of 4.72 inches and above.
He says heels "can be a bit painful with a huge pleasure".
"Women are completely free to pick up their shoes of their choice. I am not pushing anyone. High heel shoes give you the perfect posture, confidence and the right body language.
"When I started as a salesman one thing that I noticed was whenever one tries high heel they look at mirror to see their posture. So, keeping that in mind I went ahead (and designed my shoes)," added Louboutin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dilip Kumar turns 94: It will be quiet birthday this time, says wife Saira Banu
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui opens up about working with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees'
- Dilip Kumar to celebrate 94th birthday at home?
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan not allowed to watch TV on weekdays!
- Nagarjuna's son Akhil Akkineni engaged to girlfriend Shriya Bhupal!
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!