Blonde celebs going brunette `to be taken seriously`
New York: January Jones, who plays Betty Francis in `Mad Men`, dyed her signature champagne coif a shocking deep brown for Sunday night`s season premiere.
The trophy wife transformed from Grace Kelly into Elizabeth Taylor after some East Village vagrants called the "blondie" a suburban snob.
Even actresses Reese Witherspoon and Ashley Tisdale have joined a number of Hollywood golden girls heading to the dark side, the New York Daily News reported.
"Changing your hair is the easiest way to reinvent yourself," celebrity stylist Louis Licari told the publication.
"Back in the `60s, the blond would be seen as an acquisition, but a brunette [would have been seen as] someone who demands to be taken seriously," Licari said.
According to iconic colorist Rita Hazan, who has styled Beyonce and Katy Perry, coloring hair is a big moment in a woman`s life as it gives out the message - "I`m growing. I`m maturing. I`m taking a chance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 628—Pragya decides to fight back
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic