Blonde hair not the way for Indian men
New Delhi: Be it popular fashion designer Rohit Bal or superstar Shah Rukh Khan, men no longer shy away from going blonde. But experts suggest not to go overboard with the hair colour.
Sachin Dakoji of Mane`a Salon says blonde hair as just a fad.
“Indian skintone cannot take a lot of blonde shades. Though it`s been seen on the screen, it’s part of the character portrayed,” Dakoji said.
If you still wish to get the colour on, he suggests blonde highlights.
“Lifestyle and career need to be considered before colouring your hair blonde. Dark ash blonde is fine. Also very pale blonde pinstripe highlights can look nice on Indian men with fair complexion,” said the hair expert who advises to use a colour protective shampoo and a good conditioner to maintain the look.
Bina Punjani, art director, Bina Punjani Hair Studio, also believes highlights are safe.
“Highlights are definitely softer and a better option as compared to going global especially when you use colours like blonde. The hair needs to have layers for the highlights to work,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH