Blonde hair not the way for Indian men
New Delhi: Be it popular fashion designer Rohit Bal or superstar Shah Rukh Khan, men no longer shy away from going blonde. But experts suggest not to go overboard with the hair colour.
Sachin Dakoji of Mane`a Salon says blonde hair as just a fad.
“Indian skintone cannot take a lot of blonde shades. Though it`s been seen on the screen, it’s part of the character portrayed,” Dakoji said.
If you still wish to get the colour on, he suggests blonde highlights.
“Lifestyle and career need to be considered before colouring your hair blonde. Dark ash blonde is fine. Also very pale blonde pinstripe highlights can look nice on Indian men with fair complexion,” said the hair expert who advises to use a colour protective shampoo and a good conditioner to maintain the look.
Bina Punjani, art director, Bina Punjani Hair Studio, also believes highlights are safe.
“Highlights are definitely softer and a better option as compared to going global especially when you use colours like blonde. The hair needs to have layers for the highlights to work,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- 'Ok Jaanu' stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor take party spirit up a notch! - View pictures
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how