Bollywood celebs glam up Manav Gangwani`s show
New Delhi: An array of Bollywood celebrities landed in the capital to attend Manav Gangwani`s couture show on the second day of Synergy 1 Delhi Couture Week Saturday.
The front row of his show was occupied by Rahul Khanna, Raveena Tandon along with husband Anil Thadani, Soha Ali Khan, Dino Morea, Sophie Chowdhary, Zayed Khan, and Fardeen Khan, who was accompanied by wife Natasha. Zayed`s wife Malaika couldn`t make it to the show.
Although all the Bollywood crew had to squeeze in to fit into the row, all of them seemed excited and were seen cheering for the designer enthusiastically.
While Raveena chose to wear a white sari, Soha and Sophie were seen wearing similar saris with a blend of yellow and white colour.
Also seen cheering the designer were socialites Riddhima Kapoor Sahni along with husband Bharat Sahni, Sunanda Pushkar sans Shashi Tharoor, Farah Khan Ali, Robert Vadra, Fardeen and Zayed`s sister Laila Khan Rajpal, Suhel Seth and beauty expert Shahnaz Hussain.
Asked about the celebrity guests, Manav said: "They all are my friends and are like my family. They came to attend the show on my insistence."
The designer`s couture line was full of bling and Swarovski embellishments. Titled "The Timeless Affaire", the designer mesmerised the audience with a fairy tale-like look. There were lot of drapes, ruffles and heavy embroidery used in the collection, which was a mix of gowns, saris, suits and fish-cut lehangas.
"For me, this is what the haute couture is. I took almost five months to make the entire line and it is my interpretation and this is what we need to take forward," Manav said after the show.
To go in sync with the theme of his collections, Manav chose clocks as the backdrop and one could hear them ticking to the show.
After the show, all of designer`s celebrity friends gave him a standing ovation.
"I have always been a fan of Manav`s clothes. He asked me to come and attend the show and I left my shooting for my film `Chemistry` in Mumbai to fly down to Delhi for the show," said Soha.
Fardeen and wife Natasha also couldn`t stop heaping praises at the collection. "Me and Natasha were talking to each other and selecting clothes. They were just amazing. We have chosen some but others were a bit revealing so I knew she wouldn`t wear it," said Fardeen.
"I am dazzled by the collection I will ask Manav for a few designs for my girlfriend," said Rahul, who chose to go for a formal look in the show instead of his otherwise casual approach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks incredibly gorgeous on the cover of Grazia India
- Deepika Padukone aces her monochrome look like a fashion pro!
- Make-up must haves in your kitty!
- Wedding special: Dear men, ace Nawabi look this season
- Vishnu Raj Menon wins Peter England Mr India 2016, Hrithik Roshan feels 'inspired'