Bollywood makes presence felt on ramp at Lakme Fashion Week
Mumbai: Bollywood celebrities made their presence felt on the ramp as showstoppers for designers at the recently concluded Lakme Fashion Week.
Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014 was held from March 12-16 where 98 designers presented their collections.
Celebrity designer Manish Malhotra opened the fashion gala this season with actress Sonakshi Sinha walked the ramp for him in a long black kurta with white embroidery.
The grand finale saw Lakme brand ambassador Kareena Kapoor Khan in a long-sleeved V-neck glittering black gown.
Wearing an off white colour Kaftan with cuts on both the sides, actress Priyanka Chopra displayed confidence on the ramp in a Neeta Lulla creation on day five of LFW.
Actress Kangna Ranaut, basking in the success of her latest film `Queen`, was the showstopper for popular multi brand e-store Jabong.Com where she made an entry in a silver sequin gown with subtle detailing.
Designer Anita Dongre ended day three of LFW with her collection called "Varanasi Weaves" which was a tribute to the traditional Indian fabrics. Actress-producer Dia Mirza glided down the catwalk in a lemon lehenga and long sleeved blouse.
Reliance Jewels presented Tarun Tahiliani`s collection on day one of LFW. Jacqueline Fernandez was his showstopper and wore a shaded orange-pink-red net kurta dupatta and decked up with magnificent necklace and earrings.
To match the sensuous yet sophisticated look of her creations, designer Jyotsna Tiwari brought on the ramp adult actress Sunny Leone in a figure hugging layered fish-tail net gown with glittering crystals.
Olympic medal winner boxer Vijender Singh walked the ramp for ace designer Archana Kochhar. Singh, who is making his acting debut with Akshay Kumar's home production film 'Fugly', was joined by co-stars Kiara Advani, Mohit Marwah on the ramp.
Day five also saw actors Saqib Saleem of 'Mere Dad Ki Maruti' fame and Sonal Chauhan walking the ramp for designers Kunal Anil Tanna and Surya Sarkar respectively.
Actresses Karisma Kapoor and Ileana D'Cruz stepped out in lehenga for designers Arpita Mehta and Anushree Reddy on day four of LFW here.
Model-actress Nargis Fakhri, who is looking forward to the release of 'Main Tera Hero', was seen on the runway for designer Shehla Khan.
Others like Prachi Desai, Kalki Koechlin, Amrita Puri of 'Aisha' and 'Kai Po Che' fame and Gauhar Khan ended the show for designers like Sonaakshi Raaj, Kommal Sood, Ritika Mirchandani and Ken Ferns respectively.
Sushmita Sen made heads turn in a cutwork skirt, bustier for designer Kresha Bajaj. Day four at LFW also had actors like Kirron Kher, Amrita Rao, Paoli Dam of 'Hate Story' fame, VJ actor Purab Kohli presenting collection of designers Gaurang Shah, Sonam-Paras Modi, Sayantan Sarkar and Lalit Sengar respectively.
Stopping the show for designer Payal Singhal was actress Neha Dhupia, model actress Lisa Haydon ended the show for designer Monica & Karishma while actor-Singer Monica Dogra was seen on ramp wearing for Veda Raheja.
Actress Richa Chadda graced the runway for designer Sounia Gohil and actor Ali Fazal of '3 Idiots' and 'Fukrey' was the showstopper for designer Digvijay Singh.
The other Bollywood personalities who attended the fashion extravaganza were Kajol, Tanisha, Ameesha Patel, Sonali Bendre, Shilpa Shetty with sister Shamita, Urmila Matondkar, Pooja Bedi, playback singer Alka Yagnik and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paul McCartney buys $15.5 million penthouse
- Dyeing hair helped Eva Green
- Michael Caine 'never tempted to stray' from wife
- I don't jump out of a trunk naked in 'The Duff': Ken Jeong
- 'Indian Idol Junior' sets ball rolling with Bollywood music
- Boman Irani, Sonu Sood to share relationship secrets on Farah Khan's show
- Ahsaan Qureshi in talks for 'Tu Mera Hero'?
- Azharuddin trains Emraan for biopic 'Azhar'
- Still in discussion: Ekta Kapoor on female lead of 'Azhar'
- 'PK', joint productions create Bollywood buzz in China
- Musical fund-raising event for Nepal quake victims
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Teenagers throws spotlight on social issues through theatre
- Paul Walker's 'Fast and Furious' Supra auctioned off for USD 185K
- No winning or losing in art: Helen Mirren
- 'Jungle Me Mangal': Matheran culture fest opens Thursday
- Lost 'My Fair Lady' songs to be performed after 60 years
- 'Hamilton' wins 2015 OBIE Award
- Music, performing arts festival near Pune from May 29
- Islamic calligraphy exhibition at National Museum
- 'Summer Art Carnival' to begin at National Gallery of Modern Art
- Elton John plans big screen adaptation of 'Billy Elliot'
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in