British women carry make-up worth hundreds
London: Every woman owns a few make-up products and a new study has found that the average British woman carries 231 pound worth of cosmetics in her bag.
According to a research, women carry 16 items on average with the average value reaching 231 pound - the same price as an iPad Mini. The survey found that only two percent of women would consider their make-up bag a valuable item despite the high cost.
When it came to knowing how much their make-up bag is worth, 98 percent agreed that they wouldn’t treat it the same as they would other items with a similar value such as a mobile phone, tablet or expensive jewellery.
“British women love their beauty products, and that’s clearly reflected in the weight and worth of their well-stocked make-up bags. Women like to prepare for every eventuality, so having a range of products in your bag means that if you want to go on an impromptu night out with colleagues for example, you can," said a spokesperson for Hairtrade.com.
“That means that lots of women carry their make-up bags around with them, but many don’t consider them to be expensive items. It is important to consider how much you’d lose if it were to be stolen or get lost and make sure you keep it safe," added the spokesperson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- Have always been confident about my work: Richa Chadha
- Bored of saris, anarkalis on special occasions? Innovate
- Twitteratti want Captain America to turn 'gay'
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- Wow! What a combination - Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Behind the scenes- Sexy Femina cover girl Radhika Apte unplugged – Watch video