California taxidermist preserves Lady Gaga`s meat dress
Alaska: A California taxidermist has earned a rare place in pop history.
Sergio Vigalato (VIG`-uh-lot-oh) preserved Lady Gaga`s now-famous raw-meat dress for display in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland.
The project has prompted a swarm of media interest in the 66-year-old former Southeast Alaska charter boat skipper who`s originally from Brazil.
Vigalato operates American Taxidermy in Burbank, Calif. That`s where he was contacted by the museum about preserving the dress that Lady Gaga wore at the September 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.
Vigalato was unaware of the dress or the artist when reached two months after the show. But he agreed to the project anyway.
The ensemble, which Lady Gaga said was a statement about equality, arrived at his shop frozen and decomposing. He restored it over the next three and a half months, and the dress went on display in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Birthday girl Parineeti Chopra comes home to an amazing surprise
- Shopping for children? Here are some essential dos and don'ts
- Box Office report: Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest grosser of 2016
- Producers Guild not to work with Pakistani artistes in future, MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray, Karan Johar meet Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!