California taxidermist preserves Lady Gaga`s meat dress
Alaska: A California taxidermist has earned a rare place in pop history.
Sergio Vigalato (VIG`-uh-lot-oh) preserved Lady Gaga`s now-famous raw-meat dress for display in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland.
The project has prompted a swarm of media interest in the 66-year-old former Southeast Alaska charter boat skipper who`s originally from Brazil.
Vigalato operates American Taxidermy in Burbank, Calif. That`s where he was contacted by the museum about preserving the dress that Lady Gaga wore at the September 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.
Vigalato was unaware of the dress or the artist when reached two months after the show. But he agreed to the project anyway.
The ensemble, which Lady Gaga said was a statement about equality, arrived at his shop frozen and decomposing. He restored it over the next three and a half months, and the dress went on display in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hiddleston perfect to be next 007 agent: Caterina Murino
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Burberry bosses sue Rapper Burberry
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut
- Harshvardhan Kapoor in Motwane's 'Bhavesh Joshi'
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic