Carla Bruni puts on wig to travel in Paris Metro
London: Carla Bruni has revealed that she often disguises herself in order to travel unrecognised.
The French First Lady admitted to occasionally wearing a wig so that she can use the Metro in Paris without being spotted.
Speaking to a French political publication, the wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy also compared herself to Lady Gaga while discussing her image within the media.
In one of her more bizarre interviews as she tried to boost Sarkozy’s re-election hopes, Bruni, 44, said that she is often in disguise “literally as well as figuratively”.
The model was asked if she considered being the First Lady a difficult job.
“Not really. I’ve been, since the age of 20, well separated from my public image,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“It’s greatly helped me that I’ve been a model and then a singer. If I hadn’t had the experience of media exposure, that would have been harder.”
“Notoriety does not weight heavily on me, and then I disguise myself literally as well as figuratively.”
“With a wig, nobody recognises me on the Metro. Recently, my bag was still searched on a visit to the Marine Museum,” she added.
She went on to discuss her apparent transformation into a loyal political wife along the lines of the late French First Lady, Claude Pompidou.
But she added that with her media profile, she has a very different public image.
“I loved Mrs Pompidou and I do not see that it is ridiculous to devote yourself to good works.”
“Other than that, next to Mrs Pompidou, with my experience with the media, I am Lady Gaga!” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!