Carmen Electra, Mischa Barton to debut on Indian ramp
Mumbai: Carmen Electra and Mischa Barton are set to make their debut on Indian runway as model and designer respectively at the Signature International Fashion Weekend (SIFW), which brings the best of haute couture from the world on a single platform.
The three-day event will start Nov 15 in Mumbai and will for the first time in India showcase collections of some of the international designers, including Barton, Mark Fast, Bora Aksu and Cute Circuit.
Indian designers, among them Falguni & Shane Peacock and Drashta, will also be the part of the event and their designs will be showcased by some of the leading international celebrities like Irina Shayk and many others.
Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor, the face of the event, feels a connect with the tagline of SIFW campaign - Make an Impression.
“I believe that if only you are confident, true to yourself and super comfortable in your own skin, you can make an impression on those around you. SIFW iconises for very strong, individualistic values of a confident, self-made person and that’s exactly who I am,” she said in a statement.
“The campaign is all about being very fashionable and edgy. I love my look designed especially by Rhea; as it’s very contemporary, bold, confident and sexy,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic