Carolina Herrera opens her first boutique in Japan
Tokyo: Venezuelan-American designer Carolina Herrera entered the Japanese luxury retail market Wednesday, opening her first store in the country.
Herrera`s new boutique in Tokyo`s upscale Ginza district is part of an ambitious expansion of her brand in Asia.
The three-story boutique is similar to the others operated by the New York design house around the world, with wood and leather dominating the decor.
The Tokyo boutique, however, incorporates Japanese elements, such as sculptures, lamps and cloth wall coverings.
"It`s like if it was Carolina Herrera`s house or apartment in Tokyo. That`s the idea behind this new store," a spokesman for the design house told EFE.
The New York fashion house has stores in Singapore, Shanghai and Seoul.
Carolina Herrera plans to open boutiques in Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok in the next few months.
The Carolina Herrera boutique in Tokyo`s Ginza district, one of the most upscale retail districts in the world, is offering 2013 spring/summer collections for men and women inspired by the 1950s and 1960s, as well as accessories and luggage.
"The Japanese are very sophisticated, they know fashion and appreciate quality," the Carolina Herrera spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan to come together! No, we are not talking abt a film
- Aamir Khan to lock horns with Sanjay Dutt at Box Office next year
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!