Chelsea Clinton turns to Vera Wang for 2 gowns
New York: Chelsea Clinton needed two gowns by Vera Wang for her elaborate wedding to Marc Mezvinksy - one for the ceremony and one for the party.
The more formal dress worn by Clinton on Saturday at an exclusive estate in Rhinebeck, N.Y., had a strapless bodice, laser-cut organza ball skirt and a glittery embellished belt. For the reception, she changed into a Grecian-style gown with a narrow, black grosgrain belt.
Wang also dressed the bridesmaids. They wore strapless bias-cut gowns made of lavender chiffon with plum-colored bows.
The designer was a guest at the event and said it was a "privilege" to dress Clinton. She said the bride "radiated joy, youth and happiness."
As mother of the bride, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton tapped Oscar de la Renta - designer of one of her inaugural gowns when her husband was president - to make her raspberry-colored embroidered gown.
The groom wore a custom wool-mohair mix tuxedo by Burberry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- My fashion sense was quite outrageous: Kangana Ranaut