Chelsea Clinton turns to Vera Wang for 2 gowns
New York: Chelsea Clinton needed two gowns by Vera Wang for her elaborate wedding to Marc Mezvinksy - one for the ceremony and one for the party.
The more formal dress worn by Clinton on Saturday at an exclusive estate in Rhinebeck, N.Y., had a strapless bodice, laser-cut organza ball skirt and a glittery embellished belt. For the reception, she changed into a Grecian-style gown with a narrow, black grosgrain belt.
Wang also dressed the bridesmaids. They wore strapless bias-cut gowns made of lavender chiffon with plum-colored bows.
The designer was a guest at the event and said it was a "privilege" to dress Clinton. She said the bride "radiated joy, youth and happiness."
As mother of the bride, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton tapped Oscar de la Renta - designer of one of her inaugural gowns when her husband was president - to make her raspberry-colored embroidered gown.
The groom wore a custom wool-mohair mix tuxedo by Burberry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Behind the scenes: Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel will show you how to have fun – Watch
- ‘Dishoom’ movie tweet review
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic