Chelsea Clinton turns to Vera Wang for 2 gowns
New York: Chelsea Clinton needed two gowns by Vera Wang for her elaborate wedding to Marc Mezvinksy - one for the ceremony and one for the party.
The more formal dress worn by Clinton on Saturday at an exclusive estate in Rhinebeck, N.Y., had a strapless bodice, laser-cut organza ball skirt and a glittery embellished belt. For the reception, she changed into a Grecian-style gown with a narrow, black grosgrain belt.
Wang also dressed the bridesmaids. They wore strapless bias-cut gowns made of lavender chiffon with plum-colored bows.
The designer was a guest at the event and said it was a "privilege" to dress Clinton. She said the bride "radiated joy, youth and happiness."
As mother of the bride, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton tapped Oscar de la Renta - designer of one of her inaugural gowns when her husband was president - to make her raspberry-colored embroidered gown.
The groom wore a custom wool-mohair mix tuxedo by Burberry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly