Chelsea Clinton turns to Vera Wang for 2 gowns
New York: Chelsea Clinton needed two gowns by Vera Wang for her elaborate wedding to Marc Mezvinksy - one for the ceremony and one for the party.
The more formal dress worn by Clinton on Saturday at an exclusive estate in Rhinebeck, N.Y., had a strapless bodice, laser-cut organza ball skirt and a glittery embellished belt. For the reception, she changed into a Grecian-style gown with a narrow, black grosgrain belt.
Wang also dressed the bridesmaids. They wore strapless bias-cut gowns made of lavender chiffon with plum-colored bows.
The designer was a guest at the event and said it was a "privilege" to dress Clinton. She said the bride "radiated joy, youth and happiness."
As mother of the bride, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton tapped Oscar de la Renta - designer of one of her inaugural gowns when her husband was president - to make her raspberry-colored embroidered gown.
The groom wore a custom wool-mohair mix tuxedo by Burberry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!