Chennai designer holds charity fashion show in Singapore
Singapore: Chennai-based fashion designer Siddharth Shashankan, returned to his Singapore Alma Materwith a four-hour gala fashion show.
Shashankan, 32, walked the ramp with 10 Singapore modelsshowcasing 20 looks from his label Hangar amidst loud cheersfrom a crowd of over 450 young students and housewives.
"It was a charity show, supporting Singapore`s Club Rainbow," Shashankan told reporters, after hosting the show `India Within ? A Fashion Mantra`.
Club Rainbow helps children who are suffering from a range of chronic and life-threatening illnesses and their families.
"It was also a great experience from my first show undermy label Hangar," he said.
Shashankan said he choreographed the show and worked onevery minute detail. He said his mentors from the institute called him to host his first show for the Singapore charity.
"My mentors from the design institute guided me throughout the show," said Shashankan, who graduated with Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Fashion Design from Singapore`s Raffles Design Institute in 2007.
"My teachers and mentors gave me full support for the show and the institute`s current batch of students organised the four-hour event," he said.
The budding designer said he was sharing his work experience and design ideas with the institute`s students. Shashankan studied at the institute from 2004 to 2007.
"Going forward, I plan to set up a store in Chennai and Ialso am looking at more collections for the next show," he said.
Shashankan`s incorporated Hangar Atelier in 2009, offers high-end traditional and contemporary ensembles for women and men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone relationship: Bollywood’s Ram-Leela not a couple anymore?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH
- Fight on flight: Did Kapil Sharma slap, hit Sunil Grover with a shoe?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH
- Sonam Kapoor on 'Cosmo' cover looks urban chic!