Chennai designer holds charity fashion show in Singapore
Singapore: Chennai-based fashion designer Siddharth Shashankan, returned to his Singapore Alma Materwith a four-hour gala fashion show.
Shashankan, 32, walked the ramp with 10 Singapore modelsshowcasing 20 looks from his label Hangar amidst loud cheersfrom a crowd of over 450 young students and housewives.
"It was a charity show, supporting Singapore`s Club Rainbow," Shashankan told reporters, after hosting the show `India Within ? A Fashion Mantra`.
Club Rainbow helps children who are suffering from a range of chronic and life-threatening illnesses and their families.
"It was also a great experience from my first show undermy label Hangar," he said.
Shashankan said he choreographed the show and worked onevery minute detail. He said his mentors from the institute called him to host his first show for the Singapore charity.
"My mentors from the design institute guided me throughout the show," said Shashankan, who graduated with Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Fashion Design from Singapore`s Raffles Design Institute in 2007.
"My teachers and mentors gave me full support for the show and the institute`s current batch of students organised the four-hour event," he said.
The budding designer said he was sharing his work experience and design ideas with the institute`s students. Shashankan studied at the institute from 2004 to 2007.
"Going forward, I plan to set up a store in Chennai and Ialso am looking at more collections for the next show," he said.
Shashankan`s incorporated Hangar Atelier in 2009, offers high-end traditional and contemporary ensembles for women and men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Daughters of Mother India' wins big at the CAM International Film Festival
- Tiger Shroff wishes 'Happy Diwali' in unique 'HappyFeet' dancing style!
- Sidharth Malhotra opens up about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' controversy, says 'it's unfortunate'
- Kamaal R Khan rips apart Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay', leaks opening scene online
- Shah Rukh Khan shares priceless moments with acid attack survivors
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season