Cheryl Cole, Rihanna bring back Adidas 3-stripe track pants back in vogue
London: Adidas three-stripe tracksuit bottoms, which became a hit with the style set in the 90s but died out over the last decade, are set to make a major comeback this season thanks in part to urban chic A-listers Cheryl Cole and Rihanna.
In her video for ‘Ghetto Baby’, Cheryl Cole gives a cropped pair some sex appeal by pairing them with a revealing black top and on-trend high tops - a look that has been met with much acclaim.
Celebrity fans of Adidas’ iconic stripes include Nicky Minaj, Madonna and even Elton John. Indeed, with the help of the stars who endorse the brand, Adidas set a personal best for profits in 2011.
Stella McCartney also gave the sports brand a fashionable seal of approval when she joined forces with them this summer to design the London 2012 athletes’ kit, the Daily Mail reported.
According to fashion blogger Lydia Jones, Adidas tracksuit bottoms are making a surprise comeback this season and it is sure to be successful and introduce a retro sportswear vibe.
Jones recommends dressing up the bottoms with plenty of chunky gold jewellery for an urban edge.
The athletic look is likely to grace the catwalks of the Spring/Summer 2013 shows and they are also available online at fashion-forward Very.co.uk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone breaks her silence on speculations about breakup with Ranveer Singh
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say
- 'Shivaay' vs 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Box Office clash: Expect the 'unexpected'
- Kamaal R Khan in legal trouble for leaking Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' online
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie tweet review
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season