Cheryl Cole, Rihanna bring back Adidas 3-stripe track pants back in vogue
London: Adidas three-stripe tracksuit bottoms, which became a hit with the style set in the 90s but died out over the last decade, are set to make a major comeback this season thanks in part to urban chic A-listers Cheryl Cole and Rihanna.
In her video for ‘Ghetto Baby’, Cheryl Cole gives a cropped pair some sex appeal by pairing them with a revealing black top and on-trend high tops - a look that has been met with much acclaim.
Celebrity fans of Adidas’ iconic stripes include Nicky Minaj, Madonna and even Elton John. Indeed, with the help of the stars who endorse the brand, Adidas set a personal best for profits in 2011.
Stella McCartney also gave the sports brand a fashionable seal of approval when she joined forces with them this summer to design the London 2012 athletes’ kit, the Daily Mail reported.
According to fashion blogger Lydia Jones, Adidas tracksuit bottoms are making a surprise comeback this season and it is sure to be successful and introduce a retro sportswear vibe.
Jones recommends dressing up the bottoms with plenty of chunky gold jewellery for an urban edge.
The athletic look is likely to grace the catwalks of the Spring/Summer 2013 shows and they are also available online at fashion-forward Very.co.uk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shabana Azmi stuns with 'raw' look for 'Idgah'!
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra's 'Bajirao Mastani' boast IIFA nominations!
- Karan Johar in awe of Radhika Apte's 'Phobia'!
- Live performance: Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar ready to fly in Chicago!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how