Christian Louboutin made shoes from rubies
London: French footwear designer Christian Louboutin says the most expensive piece of footwear he has ever designed are a pair of shoes made entirely from rubies.
The 49-year-old, who is loved by stars including Kate Moss and Madonna, said the shoes with rubies was the most expensive footwear he`s ever been asked to make, reported Contactmusic.
"The most outrageous shoe that I had to do was a shoe where the person gave me precious stones and said that I could do anything with precious stones. We`re talking rubies. And so, I did a sandal. And it was just like a sandal with rubies.
"I did the sole paved in rubies and the person looked at the drawing and said, `It`s perfect. It`s very beautiful`. I said, `Well, I just drew, you know, the stone on the sole. But actually, we shouldn`t have them on the sole, because then you can`t walk`. And the person said, `Well, it`s not a shoe to walk, anyway`. So the whole shoe was a block of ruby. And it actually was beautiful," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- 'Bigg Boss' season 10: Manu Punjabi exits Salman Khan's show?
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' to cross Rs 50 crore mark today!
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks incredibly gorgeous on the cover of Grazia India
- Deepika Padukone aces her monochrome look like a fashion pro!
- Make-up must haves in your kitty!
- Wedding special: Dear men, ace Nawabi look this season
- Vishnu Raj Menon wins Peter England Mr India 2016, Hrithik Roshan feels 'inspired'