Coloured stone perfect for Indian skin, says Sonam Kapoor
New Delhi: Doling out tips on the right gem stones for Indian skin colour, actress and fashionista Sonam Kapoor suggests that girls should go for coloured stones.
She admits she is herself a big fan of coloured gems.
"I like coloured stones...Indian girls tend to wear a lot of clear stones, but I think with the Indian skin colour, coloured stones looks beautiful and stunning. So, I think we should delve into getting more coloured stones," Sonam told reporters.
She was in the capital for the first edition of India International Jewellery Week (IIJW).
The actress, who is also the brand ambassador of Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJPEC), is fond of jewellery.
She said: "I like to wear modern Indian jewellery as well as traditional Indian jewellery. I just like jewellery in general, I can`t select and that`s why I think its a perfect brand fit."
Talking about Indian jewellery, Sonam said promoting them internationally can help the country to flourish.
"I think it`s a great opportunity for India to promote jewellery internationally everywhere, because we as a country have the potential to grow and make money to help our country flourish," she said.
She started her Bollywood career in 2007 with Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s ‘Saawariya’ opposite Ranbir Kapoor, followed by ‘Delhi-6’ in 2009 with Abhishek Bachchan.
Currently her films ‘Raanjhnaa’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ are being readied for release.
She would also feature in the remake of Rekha starrer 1980 hit romantic comedy ‘Khubsoorat’.
The 27-year-old said Rekha, 58, was "very happy" that she is doing the movie.
The actress is also doing Nupur Asthana`s movie, in which Ayushmann Khurrana plays the male lead.
There is another movie which she has signed but didn`t talk about it and said: "It`s too early to talk about".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics
- Have always been confident about my work: Richa Chadha
- Bored of saris, anarkalis on special occasions? Innovate
- Twitteratti want Captain America to turn 'gay'
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- Wow! What a combination - Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Behind the scenes- Sexy Femina cover girl Radhika Apte unplugged – Watch video