Colourful socks trending among fashion loving men
New York: Men are putting their best foot forward by kicking safe black socks to the curb in favor of bright colours and dashing prints.
According to 33-year-old Roland Gonzales, who works in finance, socks are a way that he can stand out at work.
The Brooklynite was spotted in Bryant Park flaunting a pair of pink and purple striped Paul Smiths that he wore at his wedding.
"Everyone wears the same sort of conservative uniform. This is a way to personalize my work wardrobe," he said.
Rob Kardashian rolled out his Arthur George line of attention-getting socks at Neiman Marcus last fall, and sales tripled in just the last six months, the New York Daily News reported.
Even the most conservative dressers are toeing the line.
When all five living American Presidents gathered in Dallas to dedicate the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum last month, George H.W. Bush stole the show with his pink power socks.
On TV`s `Mad Men,` senior partner Bert Cooper walks the office shoeless to show off those pastel argyle print stockings that have become his signature.
Men`s wear boutiques are starting to put more stock in socks.
"A man`s socks can really make a statement," Gabrielle Greco, the senior buyer of accessories at Jack Threads, a members-only men`s wear website said.
Their sock selection rose six times the rest of the company`s rate of growth in 2012 to meet the increased demand from dapper dressers.
"Socks have developed into an accessory versus a basic staple, and men want to show them off because they are very well-designed," Greco said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raees-Kaabil clash: Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan set for big battle, Rakesh Roshan fumes over release date!
- Himesh Reshammiya and wife Komal split after 22 years!
- Vaani Kapoor in 'Befikre' has a solid French connection! Here's what Aditya Chopra has to say
- Shah Rukh Khan in and as 'Raees' trailer will give you goosebumps!
- Cho Ramaswamy passes away: Tamil film personalities may homage
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Narendra Modi making Nehru jacket fashionable again, believes Shantanu
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!