Colourful socks trending among fashion loving men
New York: Men are putting their best foot forward by kicking safe black socks to the curb in favor of bright colours and dashing prints.
According to 33-year-old Roland Gonzales, who works in finance, socks are a way that he can stand out at work.
The Brooklynite was spotted in Bryant Park flaunting a pair of pink and purple striped Paul Smiths that he wore at his wedding.
"Everyone wears the same sort of conservative uniform. This is a way to personalize my work wardrobe," he said.
Rob Kardashian rolled out his Arthur George line of attention-getting socks at Neiman Marcus last fall, and sales tripled in just the last six months, the New York Daily News reported.
Even the most conservative dressers are toeing the line.
When all five living American Presidents gathered in Dallas to dedicate the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum last month, George H.W. Bush stole the show with his pink power socks.
On TV`s `Mad Men,` senior partner Bert Cooper walks the office shoeless to show off those pastel argyle print stockings that have become his signature.
Men`s wear boutiques are starting to put more stock in socks.
"A man`s socks can really make a statement," Gabrielle Greco, the senior buyer of accessories at Jack Threads, a members-only men`s wear website said.
Their sock selection rose six times the rest of the company`s rate of growth in 2012 to meet the increased demand from dapper dressers.
"Socks have developed into an accessory versus a basic staple, and men want to show them off because they are very well-designed," Greco said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic