Costumes on TV in tune with fashion: Neeta Lulla
Mumbai: One of Bollywood`s favourite fashion designers Neeta Lulla, who has designed the wedding outfit that lead actress Drashti Dhami wears in TV show ‘Madhubala... Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon’, says costumes on the small screen have evolved with time.
"It has evolved as fashion has evolved. Determining that costumes reflect the tastes of their audiences, the change is very gradual," Lulla, a National award-winning designer, said.
Lulla designed a bespoke traditional yet contemporary maroon outfit for the wedding sequence. She says her foray into bridal couture could have been the reason why she came on board for the show.
"Colors approached me for this and I thought it`s a great opportunity and `Madhubala` is a great looking serial," she said.
Lulla catches up on ‘Madhubala’ whenever "time permits". "I love the romantic track. It`s something that I really look forward to," she added.
She had earlier designed for actresses Rakhi Sawant and Ratan Rajput for their televised `swayamvars`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lindsay Lohan calls off her engagement?
- Joe Jonas' friends are tough with his potential girlfriends
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'World of Sultan' documentary will inspire you to achieve your dreams!
- 2 days to go: 'Dishoom' promotions are in full swing, Varun-John-Jacqueline witness huge crowd!
- Amber Heard accuses Johnny Depp of stalling divorce
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic