Costumes on TV in tune with fashion: Neeta Lulla
Mumbai: One of Bollywood`s favourite fashion designers Neeta Lulla, who has designed the wedding outfit that lead actress Drashti Dhami wears in TV show ‘Madhubala... Ek Ishq, Ek Junoon’, says costumes on the small screen have evolved with time.
"It has evolved as fashion has evolved. Determining that costumes reflect the tastes of their audiences, the change is very gradual," Lulla, a National award-winning designer, said.
Lulla designed a bespoke traditional yet contemporary maroon outfit for the wedding sequence. She says her foray into bridal couture could have been the reason why she came on board for the show.
"Colors approached me for this and I thought it`s a great opportunity and `Madhubala` is a great looking serial," she said.
Lulla catches up on ‘Madhubala’ whenever "time permits". "I love the romantic track. It`s something that I really look forward to," she added.
She had earlier designed for actresses Rakhi Sawant and Ratan Rajput for their televised `swayamvars`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kahaani 2 new poster: Vidya Balan is a 'wanted' mother this time!
- Akshay Kumar is good health ambassador of 'Jaan Bachao' campaign
- Goa gears up for 'Tripurari Purnima' festivities—Know why it is celebrated!
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- At 60, Mel Gibson all set to welcome ninth child!
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!