Craze for diamonds fading among women?
London, March 23 (IANS) Diamonds have long been considered as a woman`s best friend -- but a recent survey reveals that they are now more interested in receiving a gift with a personal touch, or a shared experience.
The research conducted by the multi-store gift card One4all, shows that over half of women would prefer a thoughtful gift to a diamond, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
A joint experience or memorable trip with a loved one topped the poll, with 56 percent of the votes. The usual gifts like diamonds and designer handbags were some way behind.
It was also found that about 37 percent would opt for the money in their hand and over half would prefer a gift card.
"Attitudes to gifting are changing, people do want a more personal touch as this makes something all the more meaningful," said Declan Byrne, managing director of One4all Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how