Daniel Syiem to participate in London Fashion Week
Shillong: Meghalaya's eclectic fashion boy Daniel Syiem is all geared up to go global with his ethnic 'Ryndia' collections as he takes centre stage at the London Fashion Week early next month.
Syiem will be presenting his collections on September 13 next along with other top designers of the country like Delna Pouwalla, Madhu Varma, Megha Grover, Wajabab Mirza and others.
Having debuted at the Indian Fashion Week last year presenting a collection of 'organic and ethnic Ryndia' or eri silk, Syiem's collection has had applause from top fashion aficionados for their unique western touch in simplicity in style.
"The idea of an ethnic design wear was always on my mind as I grew up in a state which has so much to offer in this regard. I am glad that I will be able to present my collections at the LFW 2014," Syiem said.
Many have a conception that ethnic wear is very traditional and stiff, but it was a challenge well taken as our collections will break that notion, he said.
Stating that the ethnic design collections will have all the essence of traditional cloth, the young designer believe that a little touch on the curves and lines will make it extremely fashionable and flexible clothing.
Syiem's collections are known for their fasteners-less lines (less of zippers and buttons etc) and have detailing like knotted fabric on shoulders, bows, the way the Khasi tribals like to wear their clothes.
Most of his designs are a collection of earthy colour palate playing with neutral tones in off white and dull gold enhancing the drapes and styling.
The other unique quality of Syiem's collection is that all materials are sourced from Umden village in Meghalaya's Ri-Bhoi district where the 'Ryndia' is produced from the Eri silkworms.
Syiem who co-founded the Daniel Syiem Ethnic Fashion House along with his long time friend Janess Pyngrope as a business head also founded "Weaves" society where they are actively attempting to revive back this age old tradition of hand weaving and vegetable dying and also trying to create a network for their products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Check out: Sexiest FHM covers featuring Bollywood hotties
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan launches L'Oreal's Cannes 2016 collection
- Was surprised to see Kate Middleton wearing my creation: Anita Dongre
- Manish Malhotra opens LFW with elements of glamour, opulence
- Holi 2016: Lingerie tips for fun-filled celebrations